Befriend people just as you would fire: Take from them that which will benefit you, however beware of being burned.
I am having trouble with my salaah :( I don't know how to concentrate@Anonymous
Assalamualaikum anon, I feel you’re seeking advice from the wrong person but since it is an obligation to help out a fellow brother/sister in Islam, i’ll try to answer to the best of my ability.
(1) Before standing up for prayer think about the time we spend daily on things related to the dunya then compare it to the time we spend in pleasing Allah ta’ala. Approximately we spend ten minutes in each prayer which equals to fifty minutes a day, not even one an hour! Can we give these fifty minutes solely for Allah, or do we have to turn them into dunya as well?
(2) Try to understand what you’re reciting in salah and contemplate on it, start with translations of short surah’s (i.e. Surah Ikhlas, Surah Naas, Surah Falak, Surah Kafiroon etc.)
(3) Know that Allah is watching you,The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم asked us to worship God as if we see Him, for even though we may not see Him, He always sees us. Our perseverance in this knowledge is nothing but our awareness of Allah, which is the source of all good for us.
- Someone asked Abu al-Husayn b. Hind: “When does the shepherd chase his sheep away from the pastures of perdition by the staff of protection??” He answered: “When he knows that he is himself being watched.”
(4) No matter what just remember Allah is watching you, He loves you, He wants you in the highest jannah. Remember His saying, “My servant draws near Me through nothing more than that which i have made obligatory for him”
Do lots of astagfar and send lots of salawat upon Rasu’Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم
All praises be to Allah and peace and blessings be upon His beloved.
please keep this faqir in your dua’s ,if there is anything i can help you with please feel free to inbox :)
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
O my Lord! I am indeed needy of whatever good You may send to me.
Perhaps the gaps by which my appearances to you fall short, my hospitality can bridge.
اللَّهُمَّ عَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ وَاهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ إِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلاَ يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ إِنَّهُ لاَ يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ رَبَّنَا تَبَارَكْتَ وَتَعَالَيْتَ
O Allah, pardon me along with those whom You have pardoned, be an ally to me along with those whom You are an ally to, guide me along with those whom You have guided, protect me from the evil that You have decreed, and bless for me that which You have bestowed. For verily You decree and none can decree over You. He whom You support can never be humiliated. Glory is to You, our Lord, You are Blessed and Exalted